Fusionmovement Yoga Teacher Training
20 hours - Anatomy & Physiology
36 hours - Teaching Methodology
32 hours - Philosophy, Ethics, Lifestyle & Ayurveda
82 hours - Techniques (Asana practice, Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting & Mantras.
10 hours - Practicum (Teaching & Assisting)
Total 180 Contact hours
Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm
List of required Texts
Yoga anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
Light on Yoga by B.K.S, Iyengar
The 200 hour Fusionmovement yoga Teacher Training program commences Saturday, September 7th, 2019
12 Weekends (maybe subject to revision)
Sep 07 & Sep 08, Sep 21 & 22, Oct 12 & Oct 13, Oct 26 & Oct 27, Nov 09 & Nov 10, Nov 23 & Nov 24, Dec 07 & Dec 08, Jan 04 & Jan 05, Jan 18 & Jan 19, Feb 01 & Feb 02, Feb 15 & Feb 16, Mar 01 & Mar 02.
To apply for the Teacher Training program please download the application form along with a $150.- non-refundable deposit.
Download FusionFlow YTT application | Register Now (10 spots only)
$2975.00 incl. HST
Payment plan is available, please contact Natasja Payne (Program Director) at 519.653.0090
Faculty Teacher Training Program
Natasja Payne , 500 E-RYT, 200 hours Ayurveda Foundations Breanna Miller, 200 E-RYT Jeff Kittmer, 200 E-RYT, Registered Massage Therapist
200 Hour Fusionmovement Yoga Teacher Training Outline
Philosophy of Yoga, Yoga History, Ethics, Yoga Lifestye & Ayurveda
- What is Yoga the Tree of Yoga & the Foundations of Yoga philosophy, ancient texts; Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads & the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Overview of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Yamas & Niyamas
- Origins of Yoga and how we can apply these ancient teachings into our Modern everyday living
- Ayurveda and how it relates to Yoga, Yoga Living and Yoga Teaching.
Physiology of Yoga, Anatomy, subtle & energetic Anatomy and applications of Ayurveda.
- In depth analysis of 108 Asanas,its benefits to the physical, mental and esoteric body.
- Contraindications of 108 Asanas and learn how to modify asanas.
- The 5 elements (Tatwas), the Prana Vayus and Pranayama.
- Understanding of the Pranic energy lines within the body known as Nadis, Marma points, the 7 energy centres (Chakras),the use of energy locks (Bandhas) and sacred gestures (Mudras).
- Pranayama & principles of Vinyasa to link Breath with Movement.
- The science of Ayurveda and how it relates to Yoga.
- Deep understanding in how to sequence a Hatha and Flow (Vinyasa)Yoga class.
- What is Vinyasa & learn how to create Vinyasas within a Vinyasa with the use of Rhythmic Vinyasa, Body Vinyasa & Pulsations (from the PranaFlow Shiva Rea Methodology)
- Learn Classical Namaskars and 10 variations of the Classical Namaskars
- Learn how to teach Restorative & Gentle Yoga classes with the use of props such as Bolsters, Blankets, Chairs, Blocks, Straps & the Wall.
- How to teach HOT Yoga safely.
- Develop class planning techniques to create a well thought out & body intelligent sequence
- Hands-on-Assist, creating energetic alignment experiences for students.
- Deep understanding of Krama Vinyasa, which will give you the tools to teach to all levels within a class.
- Group dynamic versus Individual instruction.
- Sanskrit, chanting, mantras, meditation and pranayama techniques.
- Develop strong and clear communication skills, by the use of eye contact, use of “feeling cues”, voice intonation & tone.
- Learn to select the “right” music for your planned out Yoga class.
- Commit to a daily self practice and log your experiences in a diary.
- 30 day Sadhana immersion. Choose one of the 6 Sadhanas:
- Bhakti Sadhana
- Vira Sadhana
- Shakti Sadhana
- Hatha Sadanha
- Shanti Sadanha
- Creative/ expressive Sadhana
- Practice teaching to deepen and further your own yoga practice by teaching Karma classes or volunteering time in other teachers classes.
- Help in classes by giving students hands-on-assists.